Friday 28 October 2011

Koala Cuddles

As soon as we stepped into Australia TJ and I decided that we wanted to cuddle a koala. Luckily, close by there is a place called Healesville Sanctuary.


We drove for a couple of hours and arrived in an Australian animal paradise.


Sadly, we were unable to cuddle the koalas. From all reports they are heavy, smelly and not as soft as you might think.

The best was Hamish, the cutest koala of all!


We also saw some lazy kangaroos. Even with me saying "Jump! Jump!" all they did was lay there like lazy marsupials.

 You think that he's about to jump. He's not. 

Those lumps in the background are lumparoos

And some oily emus. Creepy.

We also walked by a small rest hut, which I imagine is for small children and the elderly, but there were 2 young people making out inside. Honestly... we can see you!

3 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience with monkeys - I've always wanted to play with them. Apparently they're very smelly and unhygienic, so I've decided I'll just cuddle stuffed monkeys! (As in the cute stuffed animals, not getting into taxidermy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so disappointed in those lazy kangaroos - I wanted to see jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol koalas!!!!
    *In love*
    LOL yeah there are monkeys living near my place and i know exactly what you mean.
    Oh and will people just GET A ROOM already?

    ReplyDelete